We specialize in the custom slaughter and processing of domestic livestock like beef, hogs, sheep, and goats that are either raised here, or supplied by you. We also butcher deer (venison), other wild game, or any other legally harvested animal. Sorry, no poultry.
All of our meat is double-wrapped with meat tray, plastic wrap, and freezer paper, and is guaranteed for the shelf life of the meat. Our processing facility is inspected regularly to assure the highest quality of care, cleanliness, and safety.
We’re also a trusted source for whole hogs, beef, goats, and sheep for your pig pickin’, holiday roasts, family feasts, and freezer. We have great prices on:
- Hogs and Pigs at $1.15 lb
- Lean Cattle (International diet) at $1.25 lb
- Grain Fattened Cattle (American diet) at $1.40 lb
- Goat – Please call for availability and pricing
- Sheep – Please call for sheep pricing
- Lamb – Please call for lamb pricing
Prices are subject to change with market prices. Price of the animal is live weight or on the hoof, and excluding slaughtering or processing cost.
Livestock is raised here at Burks Farm, but we occasionally need to buy pigs, sheep, or goats from other sources to keep up with demand. Please contact us to discuss what we’re looking for.
Burks Farm has been processing meat in New Kent County, Virginia since 2001 and attracts customers from all over Virginia, Maryland, D.C., and North Carolina. We’re conveniently located just off of Routes 64 and 60, just 25 minutes from Richmond and Williamsburg.
- Burks Farm is a custom inspected meat processing shop, therefore we do not sell retail meat.
- Whole animals purchased from Burks Farm must have a deposit at least 1 week in advance.
- Deer and other wild game brought to Burks Farm for processing must be field dressed in advance.
- We process legally harvested deer all year long.
- All domestic animals must be brought here alive for processing.
- Quartered meat must be brought to us in a cooler packed on ice.
- No poultry, no deer bologna or summer sausage.
- There is a 70 lbs. live weight minimum for pigs.