500 lbs plus live weight
Keeping up with demand, we’re looking for good suppliers of huge live pigs and hogs.
Candidates must be able to supply pigs that are:
Between 500 – plus lbs (live weight)
Free of parasites and lice
Above 500lbs in weight
Slaughter and processing of domestic livestock like beef, hogs, sheep, and goats that are either raised by Burks Farm, or supplied by you. Sorry, no poultry.
All our meat is double-wrapped with meat tray, plastic wrap, and freezer paper, and is guaranteed for the shelf life of the meat. Our processing facility is inspected regularly to assure the highest quality of care, cleanliness, and safety.
We slaughter and process goats delivered to us, by either you or your supplier.Prices are subject to change with market prices. Price of the animal is live weight or on the hoof, and excluding slaughtering or processing cost.
Livestock is raised here at Burks Farm, but we occasionally need to buy pigs from other sources to keep up with demand. Please contact us to discuss what we’re looking for.
Burks Farm processed meat in New Kent County, Virginia since 2001 and attracted customers from all over Virginia, Maryland, D.C., and North Carolina. We were conveniently located just off of Routes 64 and 60, just 25 minutes from Richmond and Williamsburg.
- Burks Farm was a custom inspected meat processing shop, therefore we do not sell retail meat.
- Whole animals purchased from Burks Farm must have a deposit at least 1 week in advance.
- All domestic animals must be brought here alive for processing.
- No poultry
- There was a 70 lbs. live weight minimum for pigs.
- Pigs for picking were fresh, never frozen, and were typically slaughtered on the same day as pick up.
Burks Farm Whole Hogs